3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:06 AM by April Davis RSS

Column size issue when opening an Access table

April Davis

Hello,

I am having an issue with a Monarch project.  When I open the database table, one of my columns is coming in truncated.  I went to the access table to look at the field width of that column, and it was set at 255.  I did a query to determine longest field length, and found that the longest entry was 50 characters.  I changed the width to 60 in the Access table, and reset my column width in Monarch (to 60 as well), but it is still dropping characters (even after closing and re-opening the project).  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

• Column size issue when opening an Access table
          Grant Perkins

Hi April,

Are you applying a model when importing the data or letting Monarch re-assess the input each time?

The field in Monarch has both a data width and a display width - are they both 60?

What field type do you have in Monarch  - I assume character or Memo.

If you use the 'Show field contents' feature I assume you still only see the truncated data?

Grant

• Column size issue when opening an Access table
            Gareth Horton

Hi April,

Try checking the Data Length of the column in the field list - this is different from the column width, which is juhow wide you want the column to display.

Gareth

Hello,

I am having an issue with a Monarch project.  When I open the database table, one of my columns is coming in truncated.  I went to the access table to look at the field width of that column, and it was set at 255.  I did a query to determine longest field length, and found that the longest entry was 50 characters.  I changed the width to 60 in the Access table, and reset my column width in Monarch (to 60 as well), but it is still dropping characters (even after closing and re-opening the project).  Any suggestions?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]