14 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:06 AM by rdbabu _ RSS

How to tag the number which is located in last row in a complete data set?

rdbabu _

Hi,

I have a dataset contains 1 or more records. After completion of displaying all records in a dataset, it shows a row whcih will have total dataset's number (which account number for total data set). Here this number belongs to all above displyed rows.

But this number not shwoing in any of the records.

When I am trying to do monarch on this, i am able to tag the account number only for last record. But it has to be tagged to all records.

Can anybody explain me the process involved and help me in this regard?

Thanks a lot in advance

• How to tag the number which is located in last row in a complete data set?
          Olly Bond

Hello rdbabu,

You can handle this easily - trap the data using a special template called a "footer", and it will be appended to every single row of data.

HTH,

Olly

rdbabu _

Hi Thanks Much....

I got it...

This really working

rdbabu _

Hi,

Based on your suggestion i create a model and it worked fine.

But here again i have a problem. The problem is, the same report has another line after last line (last line means - where i has the account number). And contents of this line should be tagged to all the above lines.

Can you please help me out in this regard?

Thansk in advance...

Olly Bond

Hello rdbabu,

It's always easier if you can post a sample of the report between and tags so we can see exactly what you mean.

But from what you say, it sounds like maybe you need a second "footer" template to grab the extra line? Or you may be able to make the footer you have already into a multi-line template and to grab both bits of data that way?

HTH,

Olly

rdbabu _

Claim  : 19920441   Policy #: B49879870

Billed : 02/01/10   1st Sympt :            Insured : TICKL,PIND                       Insured ID : 100-10-1000

Patient: TICKL,PIND                        Group   :                                  Plan ID    : B49879870

12/22/09   94443       272.0                                        ABCDA, M.D.,KILLERS         100.00        20.00       113.00

Original Bill to TICKCRE on 02/01/10

-

-

-

TOTALS FOR CLAIM      :            100.00        20.00       113.00

===========  ===========  ===========

TOTALS FOR ACCOUNT 199999 :        100.00        20.00       113.00

===================================================================================================================================

100.00        20.00       113.00

BALANCE FOR PLAN # 1C29 -- TICKCRE :      123.00

/CODE

Hi,

Please see the above.

I would like to tag few values from last line (which is having starting text as - BALANCE FOR PLAN) and few values from last but second row (which is having starting text as TOTALS FOR ACCOUNT xxx) to all the above lines.

The thing is a PLAN (last line) can have multliple accounts, an account (last but second row) can have multiple claims. So all plans should get tagged to all accounts and all accounts should get tagged to all claims.

Hope i am clear now on my question.

Please help me.

Olly Bond

Hello rdbabu,

You're almost there - you've done exactly the right thing by identifying the most detailed level of data (Claim) and then describing the relationship to Account and Plan.

I can see that in the header of your example, the Plan ID is available. Is the Account the same as the Policy #?, or perhaps "ABCDA, M.D.,KILLERS"? Let me know, and we should be able to mine all the data we need from the report easily, and get Monarch to calculate the totals for you.

Best wishes,

Olly

rdbabu _

Hi,

Policy # & Account number is not the same.

Also I am not trying to get the totals. All i am trying is to to port this into a DB to do additional queries from other database.

Olly Bond

Hello rdbabu,

Try making three templates, one for the claim information, one for the account  and one for the plan.

Define the claim as the detail template, and the other two as footer templates. Then have a look in the table window.

If that's not right, experiment by defining one of the other templates as the detail and the claim as an append.

Best wishes,

Olly

rdbabu _

Hi,

Can you let me know how can i create two footers in a single model?

Grant Perkins

Hi,

Can you let me know how can i create two footers in a single model?[/quote]

You can't using V7 as per your profile. You can using V8 or above.

I assume the report is sorted by plan/account/claim actually treating the account and plan totals lines as subtotals/totals. If, on the other hand, the p,an is sorted by something else and the plan totals are provided as information below every claim section then the Plan numbers need not be treated as a footer since they would not need to be accumulated for all claim sections above. There would be a way to capture the values using an append template.

However it seems likely that this is a 'normal' subtotal report in which case you would need footer functionality.

There may be a two step option using V7 but if V10 is available to you that will do the job anyway. There is an upgrade deal on at the moment.

Let us know if you are stuck with V7.

Grant

rdbabu _

Hi,

I am using Monarch V7 version.

Right now what I am doing is -  I have two models.

1st Model - Created Footer to trap the account number, trapped line item details (which always starts with date) as Detail and finally trapped Pt details, Billed details and Claim details as Append. - This is table1

2nd Model - Created Footer to trap the Plan No etc., and trapped Claim Number (which strated text Claim  as Detail.  - This table2

Ported both into two different tables in Ms-Access. And created a field in 1st field for Plan no etc., and matched the CLAIM Number in both the tables and cpatured Plan no etc., from Table 2 to Table1.

Can you help me to get all this in singel monarch model.