4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:06 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

MS Office 2010

Oli _

Hi,

is the latest Office Version of Microsoft Office 2010 compliant with Monarch 10.5 ?

Rgds.

Oli

• MS Office 2010
          Chickenman _

I have been using Office 2010 with Monarch 10.5 for a couple of months and have not encountered any issues thus far.

CM

• MS Office 2010
              Data Kruncher

Coincidentally, I just recently installed Office 2010, and it seems to be going very well wihen working with Monarch and Excel. I've only found one issue so far: slicers cannot be added to pivot tables created by Monarch. The table itself works properly though.

I haven't done any real testing with Access as yet as it's only been a few days since I've had Office 2010.

• MS Office 2010
                  Chickenman _

Interesting, we haven't delved into slicers yet but will keep your observation in mind :eek:

Basic import/export with Access works according to Hoyle. But on a non-Monarch related note none of the Access files I have opens by clicking the file but must be opened from within Access. Must be a setting somewhere:confused:

Speaking of settings - in migrating from Office 2007 we found a fair number of settings had to be massaged to get desired behavior.

CM

• MS Office 2010
                      Data Kruncher

The most annoying issue that I found (immediately) as a result of migrating to Office 2007 was its inability to properly open files with the .xls extension by double-clicking a file on the desktop or in a folder.

What's the first thing that someone who works with Excel every day is going to do? Open one of the files that they use regularly.

I finally found that I had to manually adjust the parameters used for the file type association in the Windows shell. Then I had to do it again after an Office patch was applied some time later. Grrr...

I probably wouldn't have found this to be so bad if it was discovered right after the initial product launch, but this was last October!