6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:06 AM by dsteinmetz _ RSS

Install 10.5 on Server 2008 64bit

dsteinmetz _

Any tricks to installing 10.5 on Windows Server 2008 64 bit?  I'm trying to get Monarch to register with COM+ but to no avail.  Am I missing something?  I have the server set up as an application server and distributed COM (DCOM) is enabled.

• Install 10.5 on Server 2008 64bit
          RalphB _

dsteinmetz,

Are you trying to install a single user version on a network and trying to run it from there?  I don't think a single user Monarch will run that way.  If you want multiple users to use Monarch, you will have to purchase a network version.

We have a network license here at work and it works great.

dsteinmetz _

RalphB,  we installed it on the server (SQL Server) and then our application (SSIS Package) runs automatically on that same machine and calls the Monarch API via COM to use that locally installed copy to parse the PDF file and output to another format usually text.  So there is no network access technically.  The main issue is that on the previous install of server 2003 the 'Monarch32' was in the DCOM listing..but when I go and look on Server 2008, it's not listed under the Component Services/DCOM Config.

Thanks.

Gareth Horton

Hi,

I haven't tested this myself, but you need to specifically enable DCOM under Windows Server 2008:

http://blogs.msdn.com/maartenb/archive/2008/05/07/enabling-dcom-in-windows-server-2008.aspx[/url]

Once you have done this, run Monarch, so that it registers itself again, then take a look at the COM entries.

It might also be worthwhile just making a very simple VBScript to test the Monarch OLE Automation outside the bounds of SSIS.

Gareth

RalphB,  we installed it on the server (SQL Server) and then our application (SSIS Package) runs automatically on that same machine and calls the Monarch API via COM to use that locally installed copy to parse the PDF file and output to another format usually text.  So there is no network access technically.  The main issue is that on the previous install of server 2003 the 'Monarch32' was in the DCOM listing..but when I go and look on Server 2008, it's not listed under the Component Services/DCOM Config.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

dsteinmetz _

Well, it looks like from what I can tell, the 32 bit component won't appear in the DCOM Config section EVEN THOUGH I can actually call it via COM.  So in the end, I was able to get my code to call it Monarch32 API.  But I find it strange that the 'MONARCH32' entry isn't in DCOM Config section like on other Microsoft OS's.