10 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Address block spanning multiple pages

rbrohman _

Hi,

I've seen forms of this question answered a few times on this forum, but have tried to implement the same methods as suggested in those threads without any success.  I'm thinking that my problem may be a combination of issues?

The report I'm trying to draw from looks like this (truncated a bunch):

EMPLADDR                                                                               

Employee Address Listing                                             

PAY009                                                                               

(03183)Company Name Here                    1/29/08  14:30    Page 2                                                                               

DEPT   EMPL                                                                               

NO.    NO.  N A M E / A D D R E S S                                                                               

19    55  Smith, John                                                                               

Street 1                                                                               

City, Province               A1B 2C3                                                                               

21    79  Marks, Adam                                                                               

Street 1                                                                               

40   139  Bell, Ryan                                                                               

Street 1                                                                               

Employee Address Listing     Ver 01.01                     Page:   2of23   

EMPLADDR                                                                               

Employee Address Listing                                             

PAY009                                                                               

(03183) Company name here                  1/29/08  14:30     Page 3                                                                               

DEPT   EMPL                                                                               

NO.    NO.  N A M E / A D D R E S S                   PHONE NO                                                                               

Street 1                                                                               

61   171  Apple, John                                                                               

Street 1                                                        

61   172  Pear, Matt                                                                               

Street 1                                                                               

Street 2                                                                               

/code

Ryan Bell's name is at the end of page 2, while his address details start on page 3.  In between are the page footer and header. This page wrapping occurs a number of times throughout the report for different employees.

I have defined the header and footer templates, but am still unable to pickup the address information from page 3. I'm wondering if the issue is something incorrect with the header/footer, or if it's something on the append template I've missed.

Screenshots of my templates:

http://www.screencast.com/t/ZjBhYjdjMTI[/url] (detail)

http://www.screencast.com/t/OTk2MjU0Y2Ut[/url] (append)

http://www.screencast.com/t/NGVlZDYyZ[/url] (append field properties)

http://www.screencast.com/t/ZTNkNDQwMGM[/url] (header)

http://www.screencast.com/t/ODFkMGMyZ[/url] (footer)

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get these embedded in the post...

I'm new to Monarch, using Pro v10.5; any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

• Address block spanning multiple pages
          Olly Bond

Hello Ryan,

You should be OK with a multiline detail template (or at least a mutliline address block field using the Advanced Field properties tab to "end on blank lines"), and a Page Header template. You shouldn't need the Append and the Footer templates you've got. But your Page Header template will have to include as many blank lines above it as you need to make it start just below the last line of data you want to capture.

One approach that might help is to Prep the data using Monarch Utility (or a script) to replace 3 consecutive blank lines with just 2 - in case you have a rather irregular page breaking rule in the report.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Address block spanning multiple pages
            Data Kruncher

Hi Ryan, and welcome to the Monarch forum.

You should be able to accomplish this with only detail and page header templates.

Instead of selecting to end your address field on "Blank field values", choose "None of the above".

Now in your page header sample include the 11 rows from Employee Address Listing to the blank row after "N A M E / A D D R E S S".

Then you'll be able to run your "Address" field through Monarch's [URL="http://********************/uncategorized/monarchs-address-block-wizard"]Address Block[/URL] feature in the Table window.

HTH,

Kruncher