2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by mdyoung _ RSS

Install Hangs at 95%

jamesmiller _

Hey All,

I have been trying to re-install Monarch v10.5 today, and even got my IT and a Datawatch tech on the line to assist. It appears that something on my laptop is preventing the install from completing.

The Datawatch tech advised the following:

Step 1 - Uninstall Monarch Pro V10 through Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

Step 2 – Edit the Registry and delete the Datawatch folder under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Datawatch

Step 3 – Edit the Registry and delete the Datawatch folder under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Datawatch

Step 4 – Under Program Files/Common Files/Datawatch Shared, delete the Datawatch Shared folder

Step 5 – Delete the Monarch folder under Program Files

Step 6 – Use the following link for the knowledge base from InstallShield – this should resolve the install hanging at 95% http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q111114&sliceId=1[/url]

Step 7–Reinstall Monarch

I did these steps several times today to no avail. I have been given admin rights on my laptop, and cannot even get Monarch to uninstall. Has anyone else run into this and found a resolution?

• Install Hangs at 95%
          Data Kruncher

I know[/I] that it's drastic, and I know[/I] that it shouldn't have to come to this, but have you and your IT group given any thought to re-imaging your drive and starting over?

• Install Hangs at 95%
              mdyoung _

What operating system are you running?

Just off the top of my head, any anti-virus software and/or firewalls could be preventing you from installing. I'd make sure these are turned off temporarily until you complete the install. If Windows Defender is installed, this could be interfering as well.

Thanks,

Micheal