2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by littlejohn134 _ RSS

Can v9 client work with v10 upgrade

littlejohn134 _

hey all,

About to upgrade from 9 to 10 and have over a 100 client installs.

So the problem is getting the server and clients updated as close together as possible.

But if the v9 client will work with the v10 server then I can upgrade the clients gradually.

Is this possible?

• Can v9 client work with v10 upgrade
          Olly Bond

Hello John,

There are a few variants of networked Monarch - I may not be totally up to date, but there were Citrix, Concurrent and Named-User in my day. Of these, the first would be trivial - upgrade the server and automatically everyone else is up to date. The other two both have a component on the client PC, and I doubt there's much chance of you getting it to work across versions.

Bear in mind that different versions of Monarch require different .NET frameworks to be installed also - so check the minimum desktop requirements before upgrading. Datawatch might be kind enough to let you run two servers - so that you can gradually move users over from v9 to v10.

HTH,

Olly

• Can v9 client work with v10 upgrade
              littlejohn134 _

Thanks Olly,

I beleive our install is concurrent where we have it installe don a physical serve rnand can install as many clients as we like but only a set number can access at a time.

I was thinking of the dual install and then upgrade the clients gradually.

Those anyone have any suggestions on how they upgraded something similiar?

Thanks