1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Subtotals and Counts in a Summary

swheat _

I searched the forum on this topic but couldn't find anything...hopefully I didn't miss it.  Anyway, I have created a summary and it is subtotaling by location code.  I would also like to have counts under the subtotals for each of the columns being subtotaled.  Is there a way to have the summary subtotal and count?

The summary is showing the items in various aging buckets, so I want the count to show the number of items in each category (aging bucket).

What information do you need from me to get a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks for your assistance.

• Subtotals and Counts in a Summary
          Data Kruncher

I think that your solution will be similar in nature to one [URL="http://www.monarchforums.com/showthread.php?t=2804#article40"]posted in the February 2009 Monarch eNewsletter[/URL].

Instead of trying to build sums and counts simultaneously in a Summary, which as you now know just won't go well, go back to the Table window and build some custom Count calculated fields for your summary to use.

You'll need a count field for each aging bucket: CurrentCount , 30Count, 60Count, etc.

For each build a formula similar to:

If(CurrentAmount>0,1,0)[/code]

changing the field to get the bucket count right.

Now in your summary you'll be able to add CurrentCount, 30Count, etc., alongside your aging bucket sum amounts.

I haven't fully built it out myself, but I believe that this would work just fine.

HTH,

Kruncher