6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by adonis _ RSS

Help with Project Exporting

adonis _

Hi

I know how to export the filters manually.  I also know how to do it thru batch but the problem I have is that the Export is not adding the date parameters.  The batch file is creating 2 files, but I want one.

This is what I did, which provides me a non filtered file in one spreadsheet, and then the export in another spreadsheet, however it does not give me what I need.  I want that export file to have the Date parameters.

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

Any other way to create a process thru the batch which would enable me to specify the filter names or run all filters and put them INTO 1 SPREADSHEET?

That way my date naming would work?

ECHO "Generating Report Files..."

SET MTH=%DATE:~4,2%

SET DAY=%DATE:~7,2%

SET YR=%DATE:~10,4%

SET MYDATE=%YR%%DAY%%MTH%

ECHO "Generating Exclearing Report Creation Process..."

"C:\Program files\Monarch\Program\monarch.exe" /prj:"d:\data\ap\Desktop\Exclearing_Data\Models and Projects\Exclearing.xprj" "/pxall" /exp:"d:\data\ap\Desktop\Exclearing_Data\XCLEARING_WORK_DATE_%MYDATE%.xls" /T

• Help with Project Exporting
          Data Kruncher

Hi Adonis,

You need to use the /set parameter to pass command line variable values to a calculated field runtime parameter. Your filter then has to factor in the runtime parameter, and finally, to export using multiple filters, it's best to export from summaries as each summary can be tied to a single filter.

Finally, you need to define project exports - don't use the regular export button - to indicate that you want to add data to the same spreadsheet, probably as new tables (worksheets in an Excel workbook file). The first defined project in these usually is set to overwrite the file, and then the remainder add data to the existing file.

It's a fair bit of effort settings these up but it's worth it as these processes save a lot of time and effort in the long run.

Alternatively, Nigel described both here and on [URL="http://********************/xlreport/use-monarch-to-build-a-report-with-both-details-and-a-summary"]********************[/URL] a technique that effectively stacks the output from several summaries onto the same worksheet, by ensuring that the field names in each summary are defined with exactly the same names.

Finally, to run the project exports from the command line, simply include a /pxall directive.

adonis _

I looked at the info on that site but it was not in the same context,

however, I can get away with just creating the batch file with the export of the summaries as done before though the date won't be there, as I am not sure how to do that runtime parameter component as I would need to see an example and then adjust it to fit my needs.

Can one of you guys take a look at this formula and help me as I am trying to get exceptions where the 3 different clauses are added into the formula and provides me the exceptions.  The filter doesn't work, it appears to show me everything still, is there a reason for that?  Any help would be appreciated.

I have to create 6 tabs, 4 of the tabs are straight forward but the other 2 are tabs that require excluding data from the other 4 tabs and then including the remining data into that summary. 

I want the exceptions for Blotter 84 items when they don't meet the parameters to the right as those are in the other 4 tabs.

Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("261", "262")  .And. BOS   .NotIn.(22611, 05002, 00375, 5002, 375)  .Or.

Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("5??*")  .And. Price .NotIn.(0, 0.0, 0.00, 0.000, 0.0000)   .Or.

Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("004*")  .And. Price .NotIn.(1.0000, 1.000, 1.00, 1.0, 1)

Data Kruncher

You might just need to revise your formula pretty slightly, like:

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("261", "262")  .And. BOS   .NotIn.(22611, 05002, 00375, 5002, 375)  ) .Or.

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("5??*")  .And. Price .NotIn.(0, 0.0, 0.00, 0.000, 0.0000)   ) .Or.

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("004*")  .And. Price .NotIn.(1.0000, 1.000, 1.00, 1.0, 1)     )[/code]Assuming that Price is numeric, this should also be fine:

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("261", "262")  .And. BOS   .NotIn.(22611, 05002, 00375, 5002, 375)  ) .Or.

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("5??*")  .And. Price <> 0   ) .Or.

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("004*")  .And. Price <> 1   )[/code]

The leading zeros won't do much for numeric fields so this is fine:

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("261", "262")  .And. BOS   .NotIn.(22611, 5002, 375)  ) .Or.

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("5??*")  .And. Price <> 0   ) .Or.

(Blotter = 84  .And.  Account  .NotIn.("004*")  .And. Price <> 1   )[/code]

adonis _

it isn't excluding the 004 branch range which is still a bit perplexed, thought this was something simple, not grasping it for some reason.

adonis _

(Blotter = 64  .And.  (Account  .In.("261", "262")  .And. BOS   .NotIn.(22611, 05002, 00375, 5002, 375)  )) .Or.

(Blotter = 64  .And.  (Account  .In.("5??*")  .And. Price .NotIn.(0, 0.0, 0.00, 0.000, 0.0000)   )) .Or.

(Blotter = 64  .And.  (Account  .In.("004*")  .And. Price .NotIn.(1.0000, 1.000, 1.00, 1.0, 1)   )) .Or.

Blotter = 64  .And.  (Account >= "000" .And. Account <= "003") .Or. Blotter = 64  .And.  (Account >= "005"  .And. Account <= "260") .Or. Blotter = 64 .And. (Account >= "263" .And. Account <= "499") .Or. Blotter = 64  .And. (Account >= "600"  .And. Account <= "999")

figured it out, should have been as follows

thanks for all of your help