8 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by Olly Bond RSS

DataPump 10

ZJSoule _

Good Afternoon!

I was wondering if there was any information on when DataPump 10 is going to be available?  My organization has Monarch 10 in-house, but we can't upgrade until DataPump 10 is released.

• DataPump 10
          Olly Bond

Hello Zach,

We're in the same position. In June we were assured that the target release date was the end of August. Since then I've heard nothing official, just hints that the programming is done, and the installation routine for Datapump Standard (2 CPU max, no remote admin, no SSIS integration) is ready, but that the installation routine for the Pro version (we use the remote admin feature) is holding things up.

It's frustrating - it's almost a year since Monarch v10 arrived, and we can't yet get to work with multiple across measures, XPS input, pivot table export and all the other new features. If I hear anything, I'll let you know!

Best wishes,

Olly

• DataPump 10
              ZJSoule _

Olly,

Thanks for the info!  We had not heard anything either and we were hoping someone knew something.  I'll keep my ear to the ground as well.

Zach

• DataPump 10
                  Olly Bond

Hello Zach,

The latest news i hear is "mid October" - nothing in writing, and no further details. I think that will be almost exactly a year to the day since Monarch v10 arrived.

Best wishes,

Olly

PS Latest update is the 15th October...

• DataPump 10
                joey

Can we get any update on when we might see Data Pump V10, official or not?

There were many great features in V10 that we have been waiting on to use.

Additionally, Data Pump is the only thing stopping our company from eliminating Office 2007. 

Long story short, we look forward to another version of a great product!

• DataPump 10
                    Data Kruncher

Eliminating Office 2007? Really? Or did you mean to say "moving to" Office 2007?

• DataPump 10
                        mdyoung _

Anyone else get the feeling that as soon as DataPump 10 is released, here comes Monarch v11? Then, we have to wait on DataPump 11. LOL!! A never-ending cycle, but these are some of the best products out there. Well worth the wait.

• DataPump 10
                            joey

It looks like Data Pump 10.5 has been released!  The wait is over!

• DataPump 10
                                Olly Bond

Hello Joey,

Yes, MDPv10 is available, but as far as I'm aware this is only in the Standard edition. This is limited to 2 CPUs, doesn't offer the remote access client or a web interface, and can't be controlled by SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).

I don't think the Pro version will be along before January. If anyone has installed MDPv10 already, I would be very interested in seeing some examples of the format of the XML log files. A strange request, perhaps, but please do PM me and all will be revealed

Best wishes,

Olly