4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by ron cousino RSS

10.01 Patch Problem

Jim Weeks

I downloaded and installed the 10.01 patch.  There were no errors but when I open Monarch, it still says 10.00.  When I try to RE-install the patch, it says its already installed.  Sooooooo......how can I tell if the patch really installed properly?

• 10.01 Patch Problem
          Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

Have a look in the registry for "Datawatch" or "Monarch", and it should show the version that's installed.

The only times I've seen this be an issue are when the machine is locked down so the user can't install programs, or modify the registry, and one exception when someone had migrated many versions ago from 5 Std > 6 Std > 7 Std > 7 Pro > 8 Pro > 8.02 Pro etc - having Standard and Pro on the same machine could be tricky.

The patch is for desktop standalone installations only - if you haev a networked version of Monarch then you'll need to download a different patch and ask IT to install it.

Good luck,

Olly

• 10.01 Patch Problem
              Jim Weeks

Thanks, Olly.

I have administrative rights so the install was clean.

I see where I have a NUMBER of entries for Monarch in the registry (Monarch and I go back quite a while).  Messing with the registry makes me nervous. Can I just delete the directories in the registry that contain non-10.01 references?  I thought about deleting and reinstalling the program itself but when I pull that up, it says it will be deleting 10.01.

I did detremine that 10.01 solves my other problem of saving some of the project settings that 10.00 is not saving.

• 10.01 Patch Problem
                  Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

If you are going to make registry changes, it's always worth checking you have a full backup first.

Once that's done, I'd set about removing all registry references to Monarch versions up to 9.

Make sure you leave 10.00 keys in there, as the 10.01 patch requires 10.00 to be installed!

Do you have a full installation disk of v10, or more likely, I guess, an upgrade disk?

It's a danger worth considering - if you need to rebuild your machine, imagine having to install v4, then the v5 upgrade, then v6, v7 v8 v9, v10, v10.01... Most long standing customers of Monarch haven't got all the disks to hand.

Back along, when I worked on the Monarch sales desk, we'd help out customers with this sort of issue by swapping their collection of incremental upgrades for a full fresh install disk of the latest version.

I don't know if the US sales team do the same, or whether the support team have a more elegant solution, but I'd aim to get hold of a 10.01 CD, remove Monarch completely and do a clean install.

Best wishes,

Olly

• 10.01 Patch Problem
                      ron cousino

I have the same problem and contacted Technical support.  They were uanable to determine why it wouldn't update so sent me a new cd, however, that doesn't work either.  Tried contacting technical support and still no response.  Seems they are closed today and this has been since last week.  I have admin rights and haven't had problems in the past.