5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by Joe Berry RSS

How to stop the template on a the EBIT line

fermat _

I am attempting to apply a template to an income statement.  The issue I am having is that the same data is presented on a single statement with two different views.

Deprec & Amort                                 111,111        222,222        333,333        444,444        555,555         666,666

RESTRUCTURING                          

12345 SEVERANCE WAGES                          999,999              0              0              0              0               0

-

-

-

-

-

-

EBIT [b](I want everyting north of this line)[/b][/i]   1,234,456      1,234,456      1,234,456      1,234,456      1,234,456       1,234,456

-

-

-

-

-

-

[b](And nothing below this point)[/b][/i]                    

54321 REVENUE                                  123,456        123,456        123,456        123,456        123,456         123,456       

98765 REPAIR REVENUE                           123,456        123,456        123,456        123,456        123,456         123,456[/code]

The report keys off of the account number.  Each account number shows up twice, once for the detailed view and once for the summary view.  I only want the detailed view.  My current work around is to delete everything below the EBIT line and run the model. 

Is there a way to stop the model at the EBIT line?

Thanks!

F

• How to stop the template on a the EBIT line
          Data Kruncher

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Because Monarch cannot pass values from row to row, I imagine that an automated two pass solution would work for you.

In the first pass, make a project that exports only the line number (using the Line() function in a calculated field) of the EBIT line to a text file.

Then a second project will display (using a filter that employs a runtime parameter named say LineFilterValue) only the records whose line number is less than that of the EBIT line number.

You can automate all of this via a DOS batch file. Define the first project to export only the line number field (for simplicity, use /pxall in the batch file) without exporting field names to a text file, say linenum.txt.

Then read that value using this command in your batch file:

set /p linenum=<linenum.txt[/code]

Then in the second Monarch project, apply your filter value by including the following to the command line for the second Monarch project file:

/set:LineFilterValue=%linenum%[/code].

Be sure that the default filter for this model uses the formula:

Line()<=LineFilterValue[/code]

HTH,

Kruncher