4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by adonis _ RSS

Dos Batch Issues

elginreigner _

I have DOS batch with the following in it:

"c:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /PXALL "I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.XPRJ"

I have also tried:

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\MONARCH.EXE" /prj:"I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.xprj" /mod:"I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.xmod"  /R  /expfileopt:overwrite /pxall

With in the project I have results for 4 export. Whether I run with the /pxall or /px:(exportname) I dont get any results. I have used the 1st method of command line automation for 2 years. In the last 6 months, half of the new projects I set up do not work from the command line. Please help as this is very frustrating.

• Dos Batch Issues
          Olly Bond

Hello elginreigner,

Have you looked at the Batch File Generator from www.********************?[/url]

This might give you more control over the options for automating your projects.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Dos Batch Issues
              elginreigner _

I have actually looked at that site. All it does is give you a GUI interface to simplify the batch creation process. It still uses the same options and switches as when I manually create the batch. I dont think it is in the batch, as I have roughly 1500 projects written in Monarch that work from command lines. The last 50 or so just dont work from a command line. The only change I have found from these last new projects is the amount of SQL system lookups I do.

Previously all my data was exported from the server to CSV files. I then try to create them to do it on the 'fly' as it was more real time, the other way involved extra steps. My work around has been to go back to CSV files, which work perfect from a DOS batch.

• Dos Batch Issues
                  Grant Perkins

The only change I have found from these last new projects is the amount of SQL system lookups I do.

Previously all my data was exported from the server to CSV files. I then try to create them to do it on the 'fly' as it was more real time, the other way involved extra steps. My work around has been to go back to CSV files, which work perfect from a DOS batch.[/quote]

It might be worth taking this up with Datawatch, now that you have mentioned it, to see if they can offer some practical advice from the experience of others that has not been discussed as part of the forum interaction.

Bear in mind that 'real time' can, in some circumstances and in my experience, be more of a problem than a benefit, but the net result and effectiveness depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Grant

• Dos Batch Issues
                adonis _

I have DOS batch with the following in it:

"c:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /PXALL "I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.XPRJ"

I have also tried:

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\MONARCH.EXE" /prj:"I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.xprj" /mod:"I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.xmod"  /R  /expfileopt:overwrite /pxall

With in the project I have results for 4 export. Whether I run with the /pxall or /px:(exportname) I dont get any results. I have used the 1st method of command line automation for 2 years. In the last 6 months, half of the new projects I set up do not work from the command line. Please help as this is very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

based on what i was seeing there you don't need to use /mod as that is part of the /prj also not sure you need to use the /R  /expfileopt:overwrite /pxall

because when you create the file it already creates the data in there?

try playing around with the following I do not see you using the output names in your batch file. normally there is a /exp in there.

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\monarch.exe"   

/prj:"I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\140 - RETURN - URBUDB.xprj"  "/pxall" /set:"Test"="True"  /exp:"I:\NEWBUSINESS\Import\Monarch Models\DAILY\name of your files"  /T

I put /T as that is where your data would be if in summary /S, you can figure out that part.