5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:05 AM by crazzi _ RSS

    Filter-Non Matching Data

    crazzi _

      I have a model that has an external lookup as well as a filter being used. The filter is based on data being returned from the external lookup (looking at an Access Database table). When I apply the filter I am getting results that contain no data in the field required from the filter and I can't see why that is. Also, is doing a test of looking at all the transactions I came across some that should have been selected with the filter but were not. I've checked the data type on the field and that is the same in both the report as well as the database. Without checking every transaction every day there are times when the filter seems to work properly. The filter is very basic as to pull data that is >= to a specific date.

      Any suggestions on what I might be missing...

      Thanks

        • Filter-Non Matching Data
          Olly Bond

          Hello Crazzi,

           

          Is the filter in the model on the table, or is it defined as part of the external lookup itself? And what version of Monarch are you using?

           

          Best wishes,

           

          Olly

            • Filter-Non Matching Data
              crazzi _

              Hey Olly,

              I am using V9 Pro...

              I have the filter in the model for table...I never looked into doing this within the external lookup. I did try and no data is returned with the filter.

              I know that I have had to do some adjusting of data type for the column that I am using for the linking in the external lookup. When exporting another file from Monarch into the database the data type needed to be character but once in Access I needed to convert to numeric to use some update queries. I am using a Patient Account Number for linking within the external lookup as well as update queries in Access. I didn't create database but was shown to do this.

              Could this be the issue causing the problem with the filter in the table or even the one in the external lookup??

              Thanks

              Cindy

                • Filter-Non Matching Data
                  Olly Bond

                  Hello Cindy,

                   

                  It sounds like you might need to cheat here to avoid the problems.

                   

                  How about exporting your table to Access with the Patient Account Number twice over - once as a number so your Access queries work (use val() in Monarch to make this as a calculated field - and once as a string. That way your external lookup can reference the string and hopefully your data will match and the filter will work again.

                   

                  HTH

                   

                  Olly

                    • Filter-Non Matching Data
                      mdyoung _

                      Hi, Cindy.

                       

                      Just out of curiosity, what health information system are you using? The reason I ask is because I work for a hospital that uses Meditech and I’m the systems analyst that deals with patient data every day. If you too use Meditech, I may be able to provide you additional help with the filtering issue because I've had weird filtering problems similar to yours in the past.

                       

                      Thanks,

                       

                      Micheal

                        • Filter-Non Matching Data
                          crazzi _

                          Hi Micheal,

                          I work for an outsource company with the hospital as our client. The patient accounting system that they use is SMS Invision and the cash report is standard in a text format. I need to take this standard cash report and use the Access database as a link to capture the accounts that they have been placed with us. In speaking with someone they think the issue could be with a data type and in retrospect it possibly is and I'm trying to see what is the best way to resolve. I believe I need to resolve the issue within Monarch but just not sure what that is. I've tried various things within Monarch but still seem to have a potential to miss a transaction which I did discover on looking up every transaction in one day's report.

                          Thanks

                          Cindy