4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:04 AM by Olly Bond RSS

columns

Sica _

How do you create headers for multiple columns?

Thank you

Sica

• columns
          Grant Perkins

How do you create headers for multiple columns?

Thank you

Sica[/quote]

If you are working with a report that has multiple columns and each column has its own header that you wish to capture as an append you can usually use an append template to make the capture PROVIDED the MCR region includes the column headers.

Sometimes the column headers may not be well positioned (for MCR purposes) in the report format and can cause problems if the MCR region is extended over other lines that have characters that may extend into the MCR region, whether or not they are required for extraction purposes.

It's not so easy to describe the situation meaningfully without an example report to illustrate it.  See what you can do with the information in the first paragraph above. If you can use that approach but sometinmes get unexpected results my comments in the second paragraph may /Ibe useful for working out what is happening. If you get stuck post a sample of the report (using the CODE  - # symbol  if using the full edit capable posting window - formatting feature to retain accurate format)  and we can try to assess where your problem lies.

HTH.

Grant

• columns
              Sica _

I've created columns in my summary and exported the file to a spreadsheet.

I would like to capture columns 3-6 under one header/section.

Call it Units.

Then, capture columns 7-10 under another header/section.

Call it Cost on Hand.

Continue on with 2 more header/sections.

I might have been vague with the explanation of my issue.

My apologies.

Sica

• columns
                  Grant Perkins

Ah, export rather than import.

I'll leave it to the Excel experts to suggest ideas but as far as I know there is no direct way to do this in Monarch. I assume in Excel you would have to edit the sheet to give the result you want. So perhaps create the sheet, with a named range of cells, and export to the named range?

Grant

• columns
                      Olly Bond

Hello Sica,

Grouping columns is possible, in Monarch v10.

Your example suggests that you've got 4 sections, each of 4 columns.

The trick is to create 4 calculated fields that you can use as measures, and one calculated field that you can use as an across key.

Then use v10's option to display multiple measures on with an across key in the summary.

Alternatively, there might be some way of exporting to a named range in Excel and so dropping your data into a worksheet with predefined columns.

Best wishes,

Olly