3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:04 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Advanced Excel Features

Rusch Mauzy

I recently exported a Summary to Excel and had available the Advanced Excel Features, described below. Outlining for example.[/B]

/B

I am unable to repeat the step, where Advanced Excel choices are available, when I export the Summary.[/B]

/B

Under Options, Export and Clipboard, General Tab, I do not see the V10 choice.[/B]

/B

I have M/S Office Excel 2003.[/B]

/B

Please help.[/B]

/B

Thanks Rusch[/B]

• Advanced Excel Features
          Data Kruncher

So long as the Excel output option is "Excel 97+ (Monarch V9)" and /Byou've selected both[/B] of the checkboxes for Apply formatting to Excel files and Apply "Advanced Excel Features", then v10 will prompt for the outline option after the table name is defined.

Rusch Mauzy

Thank you.

I assume this works for exporting from Table or Summary.

When I export from the Summary, in the Export Wizzard Output file: I click on the file folder and rename the file and chose Excel.xls for the Files of Type.  On the Excel Advanced Features window, I fill the Outline checkbox.  The Excel file does not include the Group and Outline, as I expected.

Under the Summary View, for the Drill State, does it matter whether I chose Current or Most Detailed.  I tried both options and this did not seem to make a difference.

Thank You,

Rusch

Data Kruncher

Your results are unexpected Rusch.

Once the Excel/v9 driver is enabled, Advanced features are selected, and generating outlines is activated, the only way I can create an xls file without outlines is by exporting a summary that has only one key, no subtotals, and the summary does not have an overall total. In other words, there's nothing to outline, so Monarch doesn't generate an outline.

In all other cases, my exported xls file gets outlined.

The key is having (at least) the first key field subtotaled.

Does that help your efforts?