Greetings monafam, and welcome aboard.
This sounds unusual, to be sure.
Under your options menu, Export and Clipboard, I'd try using the Monarch V8 Excel driver instead of the V9 Excel driver. The V9 driver has been known to be a little tempermental.
Additionally, ensure that you've installed the 9.01 patch which is available from the downloads page on Datawatch's main site.
Monarch prefers to export to Excel files using Excel's named ranges, and as such perhaps the range has become corrupted or otherwise confused in the workbook. Can you choose to overwrite the file completely when exporting, instead of just overwriting the sheet?
Thanks for the prompt response!
It's possible that my co-worker will prefer the way it's working because then she might avoid having to create an additional macro in excel to format to her liking. I feel this is somewhat problematic, because we can't seem to duplicate this in all instances, and it seems like certain things can mess it all up. For example, in one of our "tests" we got the dreaded cell count exceed message. (If she exported from Monarch, then in excel inserted columns and saved, when she exported again it would start after those inserts. If she inserted copied data like header information in those cells, she got an error message, or Monarch bypassed the existing sheet for a new one.)
She is exporting 3 summaries into one excel file so I don't know that the overwrite file would be an option.
Although we've come along way, there might be some basic things we are lacking...or items where we are going the long way when a shortcut exists.
So, I am correct in the thought that this is not how the export should behave (i.e. it should replace the file altogether, or add to data previously exported if that option is selected)? It's more of a fluke thing with how Monarch and Excel are behaving rather than a way to place data in a specific excel range?
You can always setup the project export to overwrite the file with the first exported summary, and then append new sheets to the (now existing) file for all subsequent exports.
Typically though, when exporting to a new sheet, or overwriting an existing sheet, you should expect to see the new data land in cell A1. Otherwise, something's amiss. :confused:
You might be interested in my[URL is no longer valid], if you hadn't seen it previously.
Thanks! I thought that it might be some freak-occurrence. I don't believe we ever closed down excel (just the file itself) and I know that excel sometimes causes formatting issues across open files until a fresh excel is restarted.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out at work tomorrow and see how it might work for us. A couple months ago I got that monarch-excel macro file from the same site and it's been an awesome addition. We've cut steps in more than half -- just press a button and it's done.