6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:04 AM by Steve Caiels RSS

Unable to run Monarch Batch-Run File with Pro V10

Vim _

Greetings Everyone,

I'm new to Monarch- they just got me Monarch Pro V10 in the office. My other colleagues use V7. I'm unable to run the MS DOS Batch-Run file that everyone else uses. It starts off with "Mona7010_1
      " and then specifies the rest of the pathway. When I run it from my pc, a message pops up: Cannot find entry in "BLUEAPPS.INF".

Does anyone know what this means and how I can rectify this?

Thanks & Regards,

Vim

• Unable to run Monarch Batch-Run File with Pro V10
          Olly Bond

Hello Vim,

It sounds like the batch file is looking for Monarch v7.

If Monarch v10 is installed in the "normal" place on your PC, then you'll need to make a copy of the batch file, and replace the

Mona7010_1

with

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe"

Your IT department should be able to confirm the correct path if this doersn't work. If you use batch files I'd recommend checking out www.********************[/url] - there's some very helpful material there too.

Best wishes,

Olly

Vim _

Hi Olly,

I think your solution helped! but can't really tell at the moment because I have this other problem that's obscuring the previous one.

When I run any model (either already in monarch or my own), the program seems to force-kill itself. "Monarch.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." is the error message.

I scoured the forum and it seems it could have been a .NET issue. But I have the latest version downloaded on my pc.

Olly Bond

Hello Vim,

Are you able to run Monarch without opening a model - just by going to Start > Programs > Monarch > MonarchPro? You should see the program run and the main window will be grey. From there, can you go to File > Open Report ?

If not, sounds like there has been some installation issue. Again, your IT department ought to be able to sort this out.

Best wishes,

Olly

Vim _

Hi Olly,

I really appreciate your quick responses.

Unfortunately, the tech guys haven't been able to help out other than check whether i have the latest .NET files, which i do. They also tried reinstalling the program twice, in vain. I am running a windows 2000 machine (horror of horrors!) with 1 gig of RAM, if that helps.

I am able to run Monarch pro and open various reports. The trouble starts when I try to run a saved model thereafter.

It says an error log is created- where can I find that?

Thanks & Regards,

Vim

Grant Perkins

There is information in the Monarch Help under the section  for SETTINGS that will help you with locating and extending the use of the Log File.

Search the Help for "Log File", open the Settings section the search will return and read the section where the words Log or File are highlighted. There are some variables to play with so reading the Help is likely to be better than trying to explain it by repeating what Help offers.

Have you also asked Datawatch Technical Support for advice? You can sent them a message via the Datawatch web site.

HTH.

Grant

Steve Caiels

Hi Vim,

I don't know what Blueapps.inf is for - I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with Monarch!

Does Mona7010_1 relate to an old unc path that is no longer available?

If these paths are referenced in old models as external lookups , it may cause a problem.  Normally, you would get a clean error just stating that the lookup is invalid, but it would be worth looking at.  There is a Monarch utility in the start menu that will let you look at external references in a model.

Regards,

Steve.