1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:04 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Selecting a specific "Project Summary" using .Bat Command Files

ARICE01 _

I am starting to get quite productive using .bat Command Files with Monarch 10.  My question is: How can I specify which Summary to be processed in the Command file.

For example in the .bat file below, the default Summary: "TmSheet" (which was the last Summary viewed before saving the project "TR_Actual_hours.xprj"), is the one processed in the .bat processing, not "CkAct" which is Summary referenced in the Project Export [/px:"CkPeriod"] that was built and saved in project "TR_Actual_hours.xprj").

Example .bat Command File:

-

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Projects\TR_Actual_Hours.xprj" /mod:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Models\TR_Actual_Hours.xmod"  /S /exp:"D:\Data\ISGM\Capacity_Planning\UAT\TR_Audit_May09.xls" /expfileopt:overwrite /px:"CkPeriod"  /exptable:"CkAct"

Also:  Is it possible to process multiple Project Exports (/px) for the same project file (.prj) without reloading the project file with a seperate command.

Any help is greatly appreciated

• Selecting a specific "Project Summary" using .Bat Command Files
          Data Kruncher

To export the TmSheet summary, it's best if it's previously defined as a project export. Then the command line is fairly straightforward.

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Projects\TR_Actual_Hours.xprj" /px:"TmSheet" /code

Yes, you can use multiple defined exports within a single command line, such as:

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Projects\TR_Actual_Hours.xprj" /px:"TmSheet" /px:"CkAct"[/code]

Alternatively, you can run all of the defined exports with /pxall.

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Projects\TR_Actual_Hours.xprj" /pxall[/code]

While it is possible to export the default summary (using /S /exptable: ), I find it to be a bit a of dangerous game as that relies upon the model and project being saved with a particular summary activated. All well and good when only one summary exists, but it's probably a better practice to take the extra time to define a project export, and then call it via the command line as necessary.

Also, the process of defining a project export ensures that you've got great control of the process, rather than trying to get all of the various available export switches correct, like expfileopt and exptable and the like, which I find confusing if I haven't done it for awhile. All of which was the inspiration for my Monarch Batch File Generator.

HTH,

Kruncher