6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:04 AM by ZJSoule _ RSS

Odd problem since upgrading to v10

Kamawell2 _

Since installing the upgrade I'm having a problem with a couple of my models.  I open a report, apply the model, go to table view and get nothing.

If I then go to the report view, open/edit (seemingly) any template, click 'OK' without making any changes and go back to table view, everything appears I would have expected it to the first time!  If I then save the model, close everything and try again I'm back to square one.

Can anyone suggest anything?

• Odd problem since upgrading to v10
          RalphB _

I have noticed that recently too.  I wanted to modify a model and it wasn't showing data that I knew was there.  :confused:

It doesn't happen all the time but it could cause problems if I was looking for some data in a model and it didn't appear when it was actually there.

Is this something to be fixed in the upgrade coming out?

Grant Perkins

If it is not happening with every model the chances are that there is some sort of anomaly in the xml model file that is not being overwritten (or is being perpetuated) on save.

Is the model simple enough t just recreate?

If not try creating a new basic model and them importing the various objects from the old one one at a time to see if that allows a new corrected model to be created. V10  will allow you to open Monarch and define a model without much need to have a report open so in theory you could create the model with little effort depending on what it contains and whether any enforced checks might limit that process.

No guarantees offered but it's worth a try. If the report if not confidential I would be happy to have a look at is and the model should you feel such an activity might be useful.

HTH.

Grant

Kamawell2 _

It would certainly be a pain to have to recreate it -lots of filters, summaries and calculated field lookup entries.  Unfortunately it's not something I can post either or I'd take you up on your offer of having a look at it for me.

I'll have a look at starting with a new model and importing bits into it.

Thanks

Andy

RalphB _

Grant,

I can see the data sometimes and then again not and it is not always the same model so I do not believe it has anything to do with the model.  It seems like the screen is not refreshing.

Grant Perkins

Grant,

I can see the data sometimes and then again not and it is not always the same model so I do not believe it has anything to do with the model. It seems like the screen is not refreshing.[/quote]

Sound like cache handling issues.

Kamawell - it that the same as your experience or do you never see anything until you do the edit?

If you create 'master' model for all you filters and other regularly used specials you can make that available as an object repository by default whenever you create a model. However any glitches may be carried through I suppose (difficult to know if that might be the case) so individual testing of each object could be valuable.

Maybe check the cache situation first, just in case it is[/I] something to do with that.

Grant