3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:04 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Newbie needs help trapping detail

KRIS PUMPHREY

I am a novice Monarch user and am trying to set up a model to properly trap the ck detail below. As you can see from the detail, the issue comes in with the Tax column  and Deducts column. Lines can have multiple tax codes/amounts and the deducts sometimes have their own line and sometimes show up on the same line as as a tax amount. I had tried trapping the data and using a calulated field for the tax that "if(=0,0,[OWNER GROSS VALUE] - )", but that does not work when the deduct line is not on its own line as it throws the deduct in with taxes. At the bottom, I have put an example of the format I am trying to get the final result in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-

LEASE  #       |   LEASE NAME                 |  ST  |  COUNTY                       |                                                

-

| P |       |      |     |           |           |          |   |    OWNER   |      |  OWNER   |      |          |   OWNER       

SALE | R |  BBL/ | BTU  |     |   GROSS   |    NET    | DECIMAL  |INT|    GROSS   | TAX  |  STATE   | DED  |          |    NET        

MO YR| D |  MCF  |FACTOR|PRICE|   VALUE   |   VALUE   | INTEREST |TYP|    VALUE   | CODE |   TAX    | CODE |DEDUCTIONS|   VALUE       

-

TTXSV       -3.58                                  

022633ST           W. JORDAN UT TR 1 (US-34)     TX     ECTOR                                                                               

01/09 G    16.48  1.59    3.35       55.16       51.02   .1250000 ORI         6.88                                            6.36                                                                               

TTXSV        -.52                                  

022633ST           W. JORDAN UT TR 1 (US-34)     TX     ECTOR                                                                               

01/09 G    16.48  1.59    3.35       55.16       51.01   .4687500 WI         25.86                                           23.90                                                                               

TTXRF        -.01                                                                               

TTXSV       -1.95                                  

022774ST           W JORDAN UT TR 9 (US-34)      TX     ECTOR                                                                               

01/09 G     3.64  1.59    3.35       12.20       11.29   .0273440 ORI          .33                                             .30                                                                               

TTXSV        -.03                                  

022774ST           W JORDAN UT TR 9 (US-34)      TX     ECTOR                                                                               

01/09 G     3.64  1.59    3.35       12.20       11.29   .5380640 WI          6.56                                            6.07                                                                               

TTXSV        -.49                                  

024167SC           RAY, E H #1                   TX     MIDLAND                                                                       

01/09 G   518.85  1.32    4.78    2,481.60    2,308.12   .8125000 WI      2,016.30                                        1,875.35                                                                               

TTXRF        -.28                                                                               

TTXSV     -140.67                                  

024167SC           RAY, E H #1                   TX     MIDLAND                                                                       

01/09 G        0  0      .0000         .00         .00   .8125000 WI           .00                   FD030       30.00      -30.00    

024881SC           ELKIN "B" #2                  TX     UPTON                                                                               

01/09 G      290  1.41    5.96    1,729.05    1,608.23   .0237237 WI         41.02                                           35.07                                                                               

TTXRF        -.01 FLOW        -3.08                                                                               

TTXSV       -2.86                                  

01/09 G        0  0      .0000         .00         .00   .0237237 WI           .00                   FD030         .92        -.92    

01/09 G      290  1.41    5.96    1,729.05    1,608.23   .0462000 WI         79.88                                           68.30                                                                               

TTXRF        -.01 FLOW        -6.00                                                                               

TTXSV       -5.57                                  

01/09 G        0  0      .0000         .00         .00   .0462000 WI           .00                   FD030        1.80       -1.80    

01/09 G      290  1.41    5.96    1,729.05    1,608.23   .0912450 WI        157.77                                          134.89    

/CODE,

DCP_DO_LSE_NUM     Prop_Name     State     County     Prod_MO_YR     Prod     Vol_LSE     BTU_Factor     Unit_Price     VAL_LSE_GRS     VAL_LSE_NET     NRI     INT_TYPE     OWNR_VAL_GRS     DED_CODE     DED_AMT     OWNR_VAL_NET     OWNR_TAX

/CODE

• Newbie needs help trapping detail
          Olly Bond

Hello Kris,

The first thing I'd suggest is getting some training - is there a course near you? The two day course should get you up to speed and you can bring your example files along to practice with.

I'm not familiar with your tax codes, but from your report it looks like there are some entries for which there are no deductions, so you might find reading the posts here on the "missing detail" problem informative.

You may find that you need a 2 or 3 stage solution to solve this in Monarch, where you trap the tax in one model, the deductions in another, and join them back together using some common reference fields. For this you'll need Monarch Pro.

Best wishes,

Olly

KRIS PUMPHREY

Olly - Thanks for the reply. I had been looking at training on Monarch, but the schedule I have shows there is not any close to Midland, TX until July. I will look into the training further.

Thanks for the info.

Grant Perkins

Kris,

I agree with Olly on this one - some training will make it easier to understand the possible approaches which are otherwise a little tricky to describe comprehensively.

However ....

Assuming that records ore always minimum 2 lines with the mm/yy on line 2:

2 line sample, trap on line 2 using the "/" in the mm/yy position.

Paint the fields you need.

For the Tax columns

OWNER

TAX  |  STATE   | DED  |          |

CODE |   TAX    | CODE |DEDUCTIONS|

/code

paint a single field in line 2 that cover the first 2 of these columns, name it, go to advanced properties and set the END FIELD ON to something suitable for a multi-row field "Non blank poreceding string of ...." for example.

Same for the deductions columns.

Now check the Table and you should see those fields with strings of data. You can slice and dice that into individual fields, probably using the TEXTLINE() and a SPLIT() (LSPLIT or RSPLIT) function. There are other variations on that them so I thonk we should revisit that onec you can get the data extracted since I'm not entirely sure I understan how the header in the required extract relate to the data in the report.

HTH.

Grant