2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by MarisaLS _ RSS

Can't use "multiple projects per job" option with more than 1 Project w/Excel source?

MarisaLS _

I have one Data Pump Process configured with about a dozen Projects. I have been using the "multiple projects per job" option with no trouble until tonight.

Tonight I added 2 Projects to the Process:

Project 1 uses a Model with a local file Excel data source

Project 2 uses a Model with a different local file Excel data source

After I added the 2 Projects to the Process and ran the Process for testing, I got the message:

"The process specifies a combination of xprjs whose input specifications are incompatible with each other."

I thought maybe I could not use the "multiple projects per job" option with both "data" (i.e. Excel) and "report" sources, but I tried creating a separate Process for only the Excel-source Projects and got the same error.

I can however run the Process with all Projects just fine if I select the "one Project per job" Process option. I would really like to avoid this is possible - I think having a dozen or so jobs and job logs for the single Process confuses matters.

I could not find anything in the Help or Tutorial files relating to this specific issue. Is it just not possible to use the "multiple projects per job" option when there is more than 1 Project with an Excel data source?

Thanks for your help,

Marisa

• Can't use "multiple projects per job" option with more than 1 Project w/Excel source?
          Gareth Horton

Marisa,

There is no specific limitation you are running into, as far as I can see.

Just for my own sanity, I just created 2 projects, each referring to different Excel files and different models, exporting to different Excel files with no issues:

Projects  Show Detail   Hide Detail 

ID Completed Project File

+ 1 true C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Projects\Multiple_Excel_In_DP1.xprj

xprj  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Projects\Multiple_Excel_In_DP1.xprj

id  1

completed  true

Project Inputs

Name Type Path

+ Classic.xls datasource C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Export\Classic.xls

location  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Export\Classic.xls

type  datasource

exists  true

Project Outputs

Export Name Records Title

+ Export1 ClassicProject1.xlsx 22 Export the table data, unfiltered, to a file.

title  Export the table data, unfiltered, to a file.

description  Rows:22

location  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Export\ClassicProject1.xlsx

totals  record_count = 22

type  file_out

exists  true

ID Completed Project File

+ 2 true C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Projects\Multiple_Excel_In_DP2.xprj

xprj  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Projects\Multiple_Excel_In_DP2.xprj

id  2

completed  true

Project Inputs

Name Type Path

+ ClassicV10.xls datasource C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Export\ClassicV10.xls

location  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monarch\Export\ClassicV10.xls

type  datasource

exists  true

Project Outputs

Export Name Records Title

+ Export1 Multiple_Excel_In_MDP2.xlsx 149 Export the table data, unfiltered, to a file.

/CODE

Maybe there is something specific to your projects/process that is causing the issue. I did try a version which shared the model between both the projects too, but that worked as well.

Maybe try contacting support on this one.

Gareth

I have one Data Pump Process configured with about a dozen Projects. I have been using the "multiple projects per job" option with no trouble until tonight.

Tonight I added 2 Projects to the Process:

Project 1 uses a Model with a local file Excel data source

Project 2 uses a Model with a different local file Excel data source

After I added the 2 Projects to the Process and ran the Process for testing, I got the message:

"The process specifies a combination of xprjs whose input specifications are incompatible with each other."

I thought maybe I could not use the "multiple projects per job" option with both "data" (i.e. Excel) and "report" sources, but I tried creating a separate Process for only the Excel-source Projects and got the same error.

I can however run the Process with all Projects just fine if I select the "one Project per job" Process option. I would really like to avoid this is possible - I think having a dozen or so jobs and job logs for the single Process confuses matters.

I could not find anything in the Help or Tutorial files relating to this specific issue. Is it just not possible to use the "multiple projects per job" option when there is more than 1 Project with an Excel data source?

Thanks for your help,

Marisa[/QUOTE]