4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Append a month end date to each record

Kristie _

I have monthly reports that do not contain a date in them anywhere.  Is it possible to add a date field to each record based on the previous end of month date?  Example, we obtain the reports on 2/4/09 but I would want a date to show 1/31/09 for each record in the report.  is this possible? If so, does anyone know how to do it?

thanks

• Append a month end date to each record
          Data Kruncher

Hi Kristie,

To get the last date of the previous month, build a LastMonth calculated field (Date/Time type) with this expression:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Date()-Day(Date())[/SIZE][/SIZE][/code]

This will work so long as[/I] you're always[/I] using the model in the month after the report's activity, like using the model in February for January data.

• Append a month end date to each record
            Grant Perkins

I have monthly reports that do not contain a date in them anywhere. /quote

Really?

It is very rare, in my experience, for someone to write a report and not include some sort of usable reference somewhere, if only for audit trail purposes.

If you have a meaningful date in, say, the page header area, selection criteria or, at a stretch, even from the report file  created date (though who knows how meaningful such a date might be ...) there should be some possibility to use it one way or another along the lines Kruncher and Ralph mention above.

Failing that (and with my tongue deep in my cheek) you could randomly  select any date since no one is likely to know any better!

Grant