1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

PDF Password - Export Issue

MKav12 _

I have projects, which create PDF exports to which I apply a password on opening. I changed this password recently however on opening the PDF I am not prompted to enter the password any longer

Has anybody experienced a similar issue?

Thanks

Majella

• PDF Password - Export Issue
          Gareth Horton

Majella,

I think you already have a fix for this, but for the benefit of others, here's some more information.

The problem is related to issues with the Windows operating system's Cryptography subsystem.  If this is not working correctly, then both Monarch and Data Pump (and indeed, a host of other applications) cannot encrypt and decrypt files.

A manifestation of this is outlines in the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article. [URL="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817754"]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817754[/URL]

However, this is not always the solution, in many cases there is corruption and it must be refreshed. However, it is worth trying first.

With Data Pump, you also need to ensure the same procedure is performed for the service account under which the Data Pump service runs.

Another method of addressing the problem is to go to 'C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\microsoft\' where is the ID you are currently logged on as.

There is a folder called 'Crypto'. Rename this to 'CryptoOLD' and then the operating system will repair it when it is next used.

Gareth

I have projects, which create PDF exports to which I apply a password on opening. I changed this password recently however on opening the PDF I am not prompted to enter the password any longer

Has anybody experienced a similar issue?

Thanks

Majella[/QUOTE]