1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by joey RSS

Adding fields

ccribbs _

Is there any way to combine 2 numeric fields.  I don't want the fields added together and I think that using the concatanate function is only useful with text.  I also cannot change one of the fields from numeric to text.

• Adding fields
          joey

The STR function will help get your numbers to strings:

[FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold][SIZE=6][LEFT]Str function[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=4][LEFT]Description[/LEFT]

/B[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][LEFT]Converts a number to a string.[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=4][LEFT]Syntax[/LEFT]

/B[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][LEFT]Str(/SIZE[/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2]number[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][,[/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2]length[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][,[/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2]decimals[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][,[/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2]fillchar[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]]]])[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=4][LEFT]Arguments[/LEFT]

/B[/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2][LEFT]number /I[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]is the number to convert. The number can be a constant, a numeric

field, an expression that results in a number or a function that returns a number.[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2][LEFT]length /I[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]specifies the length of the resulting string. /SIZE[/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2]length /I[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]must be in the range 1-

256.[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2][LEFT]decimals /I[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]specifies the decimal position to round.[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2][LEFT]fillchar /I[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]specifies the fill character to use to fill up to the length specified.[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=2][LEFT]Note: /B[/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Arial,Italic][SIZE=2]fillchar /I[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]is optional.[/LEFT]

/SIZE[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial,Bold][SIZE=4][LEFT]Return value[/LEFT]

/B[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]This function returns a character string.

/SIZE[/FONT]