2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by rlandeo _ RSS

command line and resultant file creation

djbeam _

I need to create a specific summary table from a data set. I need to identify the filter, and the specific summary table that I want to output ..

I have read the help on the command line output .. but see nothing that helps me with this ..

Ideas please ...

• command line and resultant file creation
          Data Kruncher

Hi djbeam, and welcome to the Monarch forum.

The best way to handle exporting a specific summary is by using a "project export". This is mechanism that allows you define an export that you wish to perform repeatedly. You indicate which summary you wish to export, the file path and name of the export file, and certain other options concerning the creation of the export files.

As to the filter, you must associate the filter to a specific summary in advance as you cannot change filters via the command line.

If you're not yet familiar with project files, simply described, they're a way of combining your input source, the applicable model, and your desired export "rules".

Additionally, v10 offers a number of new options regarding the exporting of summaries, depending upon the output file format.

HTH,

Kruncher

• command line and resultant file creation
            rlandeo _

I need to create a specific summary table from a data set. I need to identify the filter, and the specific summary table that I want to output ..

I have read the help on the command line output .. but see nothing that helps me with this ..

Ideas please ...[/QUOTE]

I have projects running off of batch files.  Here's a sample of one of them.

monarch /prj:"c:\FOLDER\SOMETHING.xprj" /exp:"c:\FOLDER\SOMETHING.txt"