4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Parse_Path

ccribbs _

In the Parse_Path function, the first argument is filespec[/I].  If my file name is  "G:\Finc Rptg\Consolidation WP's\2008\JM&A\JM&A Orig - Detail Reports\Text Files\July 2008 Group 1 Referral Fee Detail.txt" what would my input for filespec[/I] be?

• Parse_Path
          joey

FileSpec is the path you are trying to parse.  In your case, it would be "G:\Finc Rptg\Consolidation WP's\2008\JM&A\JM&A Orig - Detail Reports\Text Files\July 2008 Group 1 Referral Fee Detail.txt".

For example,

Parse_Path("G:\Finc Rptg\Consolidation WP's\2008\JM&A\JM&A Orig - Detail Reports\Text Files\July 2008 Group 1 Referral Fee Detail.txt","Drive") returns "G:"

/SIZE

• Parse_Path
              ccribbs _

:o Oops...that makes so much sense.  Thanks Joey

• Parse_Path
                  KEVIN KENNEDY

My Monarch Pro v 10.0 doesn't have an explanation of the syntax of this command in the help file (or one I could easily locate).

• Parse_Path
                      Data Kruncher

You're correct; Parse_Path doesn't seem to be documented in the help file.

It's easy to use though. Just supply one of the various optional parameters to have that item returned.

For instance, Parse_Path("C:\MyFolder\MyFile.txt","Drive") will return C:, while Parse_Path("C:\MyFolder\MyFile.txt","Extension_only") returns txt.

Experiment with the other options to see what they give you.