3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:03 AM by joey RSS

Monarch DataPump Quick Question

samoore _

I am trying to set up a daily process for Monarch Data Pump to search for a file and automatically run a Job.

In my job I set up an input file but I want MDP to search for the file on it's own.

The issue I am having (and I know there is a simple solution) is I'm not sure where I go to setup the search for a file...also on a side note the file is a daily file and is named i.e. "11 19 2008" so tomorrow it will be "11 20 2008". Can someone provide direction for a newbie. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

• Monarch DataPump Quick Question
          joey

You can use wildcards for the input file.  For example C:\TEST*.txt will process with  TEST-2008-11-18.txt.

To automatically run the job, you need file monitoring.  It's the last tab on the process window.

samoore _

Thanks Joey but another quick question. if I select file monitoring it states I need to utilize input distribution....my questions are what type of distribution do I select and do I just direct them to the appropriate folder/file.

joey

If you use monitoring, you don't want to let the file sit arround when you're done processing it.  Otherwise, Data Pump would process it again, and it would be an infinite loop.

I usually just move the input files to a INPUT_PROCESSED folder.