3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:02 AM by Bruce _ RSS

Count of Records

Lynette _

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a calculated field which provides the count of records per example below:

Column A   Column B

a                4

a                4

b                2

b                2

a                4

c                1

a                4

Column B is the calculated formula column and against 'a' the no is 4 because a appears 4 times; against b the no is 2 because 'b' appears twice and likewise 'c' appears once.

Kindly revert..Lynette

• Count of Records
          Bruce _

Lynette

I am not sure if you have tried this, but make a summary. Include Column A as the key field, and count as the measure. Count is a pre-defined summary in Monarch.

Let us know how you make out.

• Count of Records
              Lynette _

Burce,

I guess its my fault i was not clear enough.

I need this in the table format so that when i use other filters this count from the table would continue to remain unchanged in the summary. Count in the summary gets modified based on the filters used.

Lynette

• Count of Records
                  Bruce _

Lynette

You may still be able to use a one-pass solution (the summary can used with no filter), but by your comments I think you will be forced to use a 2-pass solution.

Create a summary (with no filter), export this summary to an outside (Excel, access etc.) file. Now re-open your orginal report & use an external link to look up these counts. Now use these numbers as any calculated field.

Also check this board for 2 pass for other ideas.

HTH