2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:02 AM by JTR1104 _ RSS

Handsoff Question

JTR1104 _

I am just curious if this is possible.

With the help of the forums I have been able to create a batch that uses Monarch Utility and Monarch to input two .csv files, clean up quotes, do an external lookup, reformat multiple lines into single lines and create a .csv file as input to a predictive dialing system.   Works great and totally handsoff.   This depends only on the two input files being present.

My question is this, is there any way to set up a workstation that sits in a corner doing this process day in and day out without dedicating a copy of Monarch to it?

I have been reading the manual and the forums about Report Explorer and portable reports but I doubt these will do what I am looking for.    Before I start testing, I thought I would just ask.

Thanx in advance.

• Handsoff Question
          Data Kruncher

Hi JTR,

is there any way to set up a workstation that sits in a corner doing this process day in and day out without dedicating a copy of Monarch to it?[/QUOTE]

Yes... install Data Pump instead of Monarch.

Seriously though, you [B]may[/B][/I] be able to replicate your established process purely with Excel and VBA code or some other programming environment/solution, but I really believe that you'll find the cost of a Monarch license to much more cost efficient. Any you already know[/B] that it works.

• Handsoff Question
              JTR1104 _

Thanx for the prompt response.   Have contacted Datawatch about Data Pump for budgeting purposes and to get more info.

I agree with you, can't imagine trying to do some of this stuff without Monarch.

As always, great forum!!