3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:02 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Is Report Explorer a current product

PYelton _

Is there something more current than version 5?  Is this still a viable Datawatch product?

Thanks

• Is Report Explorer a current product
          Grant Perkins

Explorer V5 is compatible with Monarch V9 which still offers the facility to output .prf files.

Whether this answers your question I'm not sure.

Grant

PYelton _

Thanks for the response.

I guess what I'm really asking is if RE is a product that Datawatch is still improving along with Monarch.  We are developing an add-on to our software that will use projects from V9 (and potentially the new BI product).   Using RE to distribute reports to non-Monarch users would be a great feature to incorporate into our product, but not if V5 is the final release.

Gareth Horton

Hi,

We are still supporting Monarch Report Explorer, however we do not foresee any further development on the product.

The reasons for this stem primarily from customer requirements to use a free, readily available platform for report distribution.  To that end, in V9 we introduced the ability to export from the report window to PDF.

This gives almost identical functionality to Report Explorer, as the tree definition is converted to PDF bookmarks, if defined.  This gives you the main functionality that existed in MRE, the ability to navigate by a tree.

In addition, the requirement for AES encryption for report distribution was another benefit for moving to PDF, since you can also encrypt the exported PDF with AES (Gov't approved) encryption.  Monarch Report Explorer does not support this level of encryption.

Note that MRE only shows the original report with the tree, it does not have any table or summary capabilities.

If you need to distribute analysis to non-Monarch users, then you can obviously export from the table or summary to PDF or Excel, for example.

Thanks

Gareth

Thanks for the response.

I guess what I'm really asking is if RE is a product that Datawatch is still improving along with Monarch.  We are developing an add-on to our software that will use projects from V9 (and potentially the new BI product).   Using RE to distribute reports to non-Monarch users would be a great feature to incorporate into our product, but not if V5 is the final release.[/QUOTE]