4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:02 AM by Ros _ RSS

Scheduling Jobs

Ros _

I am trying to schedule a few jobs in DataPump which has been easy to set up for daily, weekly and monthly tasks but not sure how to do this for ad hoc tasks.

Is there a way to schedule jobs based on the activity in a specific folder?  For example, get the job to run only when a new report is saved into that folder.

• Scheduling Jobs
          joey

I think file monitoring is exactly what you need. What version of Data Pump are you using?

• Scheduling Jobs
              Ros _

It is version 9

• Scheduling Jobs
                  joey

You'll have file monitoring then.  Look up the help on it, it should be exactly what you want.

• Scheduling Jobs
                      Ros _

Hi Joey,

I have looked up the help function for file monitoring but am still having problems with this.

Firstly I setup the input file distribution to delete, then setup the process to monitor the required folder.

When I tested this by saving the input file into the folder, not only did the process not run but the input file did not delete.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is it just that the IT department may have setup "sweeps" to restrict the activity on the server (not sure if this is something you can do in DataPump)?