4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:02 AM by Itech _ RSS

    Datapump V9 error when opening excel file

    MICHAEL SPIELMAN

      I have been running this job for over a year. We updated to V9 of datapump a few months ago and this job was running fine, after making a change to the project as to where exports go(due to a server name change) we started to receive this error. The file we are trying to access is also created by Datapump.We also notice that this error (see below) has begun to show on other jobs which we have made no changes to. Anyone else having this problem? As a note  I can open the project with Monarch V9 and run the project exports manually.

       

       

      OLE DB internal error: No value given for one or more required parameters.

           

      time  2008-08-11T07:25:42

       

       

      + 08-11-2008 07:25:42 Cannot open external database C:\Program Files\Monarch\Export\AR450PO-DLYH91.xls - AR450PO.

           

      time  2008-08-11T07:25:42

       

       

      + 08-11-2008 07:25:42 Failed: DwchServer.ExporterFailureException: Exporter method RunAllExports returned false. at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, ServerDB A_1, JobLog A_2, Int32 A_3) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(ServerDB A_0)

        • Datapump V9 error when opening excel file
          Gareth Horton

          Mike,

           

          Is Data Pump opening the Excel file as the "main table" or is it being used as an external lookup?

           

          Gareth

           

          I have been running this job for over a year. We updated to V9 of datapump a few months ago and this job was running fine, after making a change to the project as to where exports go(due to a server name change) we started to receive this error. The file we are trying to access is also created by Datapump.We also notice that this error (see below) has begun to show on other jobs which we have made no changes to. Anyone else having this problem? As a note  I can open the project with Monarch V9 and run the project exports manually.

           

           

          OLE DB internal error: No value given for one or more required parameters.

               

          time  2008-08-11T07:25:42

           

           

          + 08-11-2008 07:25:42 Cannot open external database C:\Program Files\Monarch\Export\AR450PO-DLYH91.xls - AR450PO.

               

          time  2008-08-11T07:25:42

           

           

          + 08-11-2008 07:25:42 Failed: DwchServer.ExporterFailureException: Exporter method RunAllExports returned false. at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, ServerDB A_1, JobLog A_2, Int32 A_3) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(ServerDB A_0)[/QUOTE]

            • Datapump V9 error when opening excel file
              MICHAEL SPIELMAN

              It is using it as a Main table. What I did is to create the file as an MDB instead of excel and that has solved my problem. If you have any ideas why there is a problem when using excel I would be interested in what you think.

               

               

              Mike

                • Datapump V9 error when opening excel file
                  Grant _

                  I just posted a new thread with this error.  I have the same issue when trying to export to Excel from MDP 9.0.0.14 using the &[INPUTFILE] macro.  Seems to be a bug in the Excel support in MDP.

                  • Datapump V9 error when opening excel file
                    Itech _

                    Michael, I had this same error with a project after switching to version 9 of Data Pump and making a change to the project. The project had worked fine for several years using earlier versions of Data Pump. 

                     

                    The solution for me was as simple as checking the box for "The first row contains column headings" in the Input section of the project file.  Without the box checked Data Pump tries to use the first row of the spreadsheet as data.  If the column is a numeric field and the header contains text, you will get the error.

                     

                    It doesn't make sense to me why V9 would automatically make a change to a project file that breaks the project, but that is what happens.