2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by aceinthecorner2005 _ RSS

Export to MSAccess with command line

Lmohr _

I'm using 9.01 Pro and trying to write a batch file that will export to an Access db, adding records to a table.

I've written the .bat file with fully qualified paths, but the data isn't getting imported.

EG:

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /rpt:"C:\Data\CS New AcctRpt.TXT" /mod:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Models\CS New Account.xmod" /exp:"C:\Documents and Settings\lmohr\Desktop\cs_test.mdb" /T /exptable:"New Accounts" /expfileopt:add

I can do this via the GUI, but not the CL.

I'm sure the problem lies in either the /exptable or /expfileopt switch.

Thanks for any help!!

• Export to MSAccess with command line
          Lmohr _

I needed to add /exptableopt:append.

Hope this helps someone else!

• Export to MSAccess with command line
              aceinthecorner2005 _

so immediately after your /expfileopt:add you just added /exptableopt:append?

so it appears

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /rpt:"C:\Data\CS New AcctRpt.TXT" /mod:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Models\CS New Account.xmod" /exp:"C:\Documents and Settings\lmohr\Desktop\cs_test.mdb" /T /exptable:"New Accounts" /expfileopt:add /exptableopt:append

?

Got it:

"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /rpt:"K:\ISLR42PR.SPL" /mod:"C:\Program Files\Monarch\Models\ISLR\2DPR\R42-2DPR Revised.xmod" /T /exp:"Q:\Security Lending\Daily Balances vs SMA\Availability Database.mdb" /expfileopt:append /exptableopt:add /exptable[/B]:"total avail by day"