5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch Pivot Table

Matixsnow _

Does Monarch have any pivot table function?  I want to take my field names and pivot them to be row names instead.  Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

• Monarch Pivot Table
          Data Kruncher

In fact, Monarch does offer a feature that is similar to pivot tables: the summary window.

The concept is the same, but the implementation of Monarch's summary is a bit different. A summary doesn't quite offer the same interactivity as the drag 'n drop ease of a pivot table, and they don't really have as deep a feature set that is available to a pivot table. Don't let that hold you back though, as [URL="http://********************/summaries/7-top-reasons-for-summarizing-data-with-monarch"]there are plenty of good reasons to use them[/URL].

Kruncher

• Monarch Pivot Table
              Kimberly _

I am now using the 10.5 version of Monarch but still cannot seem to find the pivot tables functionality. According to the manual the pivot table can be seen within 'Export Wizard - Excel Advanced Features' -- where is this?

• Monarch Pivot Table
                  Data Kruncher

Hi Kimberly, and welcome to the forum.

You'll find the option to create a pivot table in your Excel file only when you export the Table window. Pivot tables are not an available option when exporting from the Report window, or the Summary window.

Further, you can only create pivot tables in the newer Excel file formats, .xlsx and .xlsm, not the older .xls format.

The option to create a pivot table is available in the last step of the export wizard.

HTH,

Kruncher

• Monarch Pivot Table
                      Kimberly _

Thank you Kruncher - that makes sense. I am updating my system now to Microsoft 2007 and will let you know if I have any problems - although I think things will go smoothly from here.

Thanks again!

Oh, another question. Do you know if I can export and import filters and project exports? I see a button for import but not sure how this works or how I would even export from one model to the next (or one project to the next).

• Monarch Pivot Table
                          Grant Perkins

Oh, another question. Do you know if I can export and import filters and project exports? I see a button for import but not sure how this works or how I would even export from one model to the next (or one project to the next).[/quote]

You don't need to export, you can simple import from one or more existing models. You can even define your own functions and use them just as you would use Monarch functions. (See: User Defined Functions in the help file).

You may find the Linked Objects Tutorial useful as an extension of the capabilities of importing, or just using objects without importing them, from other models. A typical installation wil have installed that pdf document with access from the Windows Menu in the Monarch folder.

HTH.

Grant