3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by joey RSS

Monitoring with wildcards

LarryQ _

I have 12 monitored processes of which one will run monthly depending upon the input file. The input file is a text file that has a time stamp on the end of it that shows the year, month[/B], day, etc. as follows:

SC12-D05-TMP_2008[B]01[/B]02_123456.txt

I have edited the file names in the input tab of the monitored processes to determine which process will run depending on the month[/B] shown on the time stamp as follow:

SC12-D05-TMP01[/B].txt

Is this a valid use of the wildcard for input monitoring and if so shouldn't this start the correct monitored process if the file is in the correct directory?

By the way I am using MDP v.9.

• Monitoring with wildcards
          joey

I believe this is a valid use of monitoring files.  Are you recieving any error messages?

LarryQ _

I believe this is a valid use of monitoring files.  Are you recieving any error messages?[/QUOTE]

No error messages but some of the other processes using the same input file with a different month are running also. I have checked all 12 processes and they do have the correct files and months.

Any suggestions?

joey

I think you'll need to be more specific for what you monitor for.  For example:

The File:

SC12-D05-TMP_2008[B]01[/B]02_123456.txt

monitored for:

SC12-D05-TMP.txt, where = 01 - 12 for the 12 processes

will kick off:

January: SC12-D05-TMP_2008[B]01[/B]02_123456.txt

February: SC12-D05-TMP_200801[B]02[/B]_123456.txt

December: SC12-D05-TMP_20080102_[B]12[/B]3456.txt

You might try:

SC12-D05-TMP-????[MM]*.txt

???? means 4 wild characters, not an unlimited number of wild characters like the *.