5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by RalphB _ RSS

Can this be done?

dssfaxman _

After searching I do not believe that I can do what I am trying to do, but I want to know for sure. I have two different reports, not different instances, with info regarding inventory. Each report has different info dealing with the same inventory. I wanted to make one model that would extract info from each report and put it into one table. I have the model created and it highlights all of the correct info in each report but when I view the table only my first report’s info is listed in the table. The columns for both reports are in the table but not the info. Can this be done with any version of Monarch?

• Can this be done?
          joey

So you have two different reports concerning inventory that list different columns of data detail and share a common unique key (such as a UPC or inventory number)?

Do the reports share the same format or is the data in different positions in the reports?  If they are in the same positions, you may be able to do it with one model and pass, but chances are it would be less complex with two models.

In general when you are dealing with two different reports and a common key, it is ususaly much easier to use two models, where the second model looks up the external export of the first model based on your unique key and returns the first report's columns.

Can you provide some samples of the reports and what you would like the final output to be?

• Can this be done?
              dssfaxman _

They are different formats. I will read about the external export suggestion and see if my v4 can do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Can this be done?
                  joey

I'm positive version 4 can't do that.  I think the external lookup was new a feature for Version 8.

Upgrading to Version 8 or 9 would be a great option. 

If you have any experience with Microsoft Access, you could export two tables for each report, and use a query to join the two tables together and produce your columns.  I'm not sure if V4 can use a database as input.  If not, you would need to do your analysis in Access.

I think Excel has a DGET fuction that may work for combining the two reports together as well.