2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

File total same format as record total

AmyNRA _

Is there a way to not pick up a total at the bottom of a file when it looks just like the total of each record I want?

Looks like this: 

Dept: 03 Nicola London MD       Dr:   3 London MD, Nicola A          1 06/05/2007   99395                   39.39

Dept: 03 Nicola London MD       Dr:   3 London MD, Nicola A          1 09/11/2007   99212                   40.00

Dept: 03 Nicola London MD       Dr:   3 London MD, Nicola A          1 12/11/2007   99212                   40.00

-

TOTAL DUE:             119.39

====================================================================================================================================

-

TOTAL DUE:           6,000.17

====================================================================================================================================

(Sorry.  The lines are wrapping here.)

The second one is the file total.  The first is a record total.

I already have the balance portion of my template be a detail type and the other parts of my template appended.  And I don't have the box checked to repeat prior data when data is missing, but it's doing it anyway.  Monarch creates a record that's not there, using the total as the dollar amount.

What am I doing wrong?

• File total same format as record total
          Data Kruncher

Amy,

Are you capturing the lines that begin with "Dept:"?

If so, you can define those lines with a detail template, and add the TOTAL line as a footer.

This will cause Monarch to ignore the last total as there aren't any associated detail lines for it.

Otherwise, we'll need to look at another approach.

Kruncher

• File total same format as record total
            Grant Perkins

Looks like this: 

Dept: 03 Nicola London MD       Dr:   3 London MD, Nicola A          1 06/05/2007   99395                   39.39

Dept: 03 Nicola London MD       Dr:   3 London MD, Nicola A          1 09/11/2007   99212                   40.00

Dept: 03 Nicola London MD       Dr:   3 London MD, Nicola A          1 12/11/2007   99212                   40.00

-

TOTAL DUE:             119.39

-

TOTAL DUE:           6,000.17

/code(/quote

Edit to show format intended.

Further to Kruncher's suggestion  - if you are capturing the detail lines forget the totals and let Monarch calculate them for you in a Summary?

Grant