7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by mnelson _ RSS

Same Field in Multiple Colums

jb@sharp _

I am using the latest version of Monarch and have a PDF file with three columns of information spread across 15 columns.  For example, it looks like this:

A B C A B C A B C A B C A B C

Is there a way in a template to create a table with three colums with all of column A in one column as well as one column each for B and C?

• Same Field in Multiple Colums
          Data Kruncher

Hey jb,

Have a look at the Multi-Column Region (MCR) tool in the Report window (under the Template menu).

For your sample you'll want five columns. Then you create your detail template in the first column, and Monarch will repeat it for the other columns automatically.

Just play with the Left position and column width until it's just right.

Have a look at the online help, and post back if you're still struggling with it, or to let us know that you've got it solved.

Kruncher

jb@sharp _

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I was unable to use MCR because my columns are not all the same width and just did a regular model and used the summary to get my information.

mnelson _

Wish I knew this existed long ago!  Thanks for the help.

mnelson _

Adding "D" and "E" as header lines (appends) for the previous example:

D

E

How can you get "D" and "E" to append properly to the A B C details under them?

Thanks for any advice

Mike

Grant Perkins

It should be possible to append the D and E headings pretty much as you wouold any append.

However if you have already tried that and found problems we may need to look at the real report format carefully to make things work.

One thing you probably need to consider, especially if the 'append' overlaps the horizontal point start of the first column, is to limit the MCR functionality so that the append data is excluded from the MCR area. Perhaps you have already done that? The Start and Stop criteria in the MCR definition will help you.

If that does not work we will need to see an exact sample from those lines of the report if we are to make much further process.

HTH.

Grant