3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Multiple Calculated Fields?

mcandrje _

I'm using Monarch Pro v9.00, and I was wondering if it's possible to have more than one calculated field in a report?

Thanks for any help!

janet

• Multiple Calculated Fields?
          RalphB _

Hi Janet

Yes, you can have more than one calculated field.  I have a couple of models that use 10 calculated fields. You can even have a calculated field that uses another calculated field for its results. 

I don't know if there is a maximum number you can have but I'm sure it is more than the typical user would ever need.

Ralph

Grant Perkins

Hi Janet

I don't know if there is a maximum number you can have but I'm sure it is more than the typical user would ever need.

Ralph[/quote]

The absolute maximum is 255 fields BUT if the fields are large other limiting factors may come into play first and reduce the number possible.

The Help file section call "Technical Specification" provides all the information for those who need it. If you do get to read it think if it as guidance since the 'other factors' can change the numbers that may be possible.

HTH.

Grant

Olly Bond

Dear Janet,

Should you ever reach a limit of calculated fields, you can always export the table as an Access table, and open this in a new project, then add some more fields as needed.

The overall limit of 255 fields applies to the Access format, I believe, so if you get data with more than 255 fields you'll have to find another way around it. If you do have such an example, I'd be delighted to have a look and see if we can find a way to help.

Best wishes,

Olly