4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by JLF _ RSS

Monarch Table/Summary Exports

ron cousino

I am getting an error with Monarch Pro Version 9.01 when trying to export a table or a summary in Excel format telling me that the export failed.  I experienced this once before with this version.  What do I need to do to fix this.  My folder is set up to automatically export as xls.  I have been using Monarch for the past 10 years and have never found this until this newer version.

• Monarch Table/Summary Exports
          henryiriawan _

Hi Ron,

Are you using command line prompt? If so, could you please share the command line that you use to automate the process?

ron cousino

Thanks for your  reply but no I use the File export function within Monarch Pro and have set up my folder option for exports to be xls.  I did find by setting the Options to Monarch V8 I could get the table or summary to export.  I am using Excel 2000 so V9 should work.  Is there a patch coming out to fix this?

Data Kruncher

Hi Ron,

Every once in a while I experience the same problem, in that either the export fails or the exported xls file is corrupt and cannot be opened. The odd thing is that it works just fine most of the time. :confused:

The fix, and this has been successful for me in every case, it to set the export type in your model to "Excel 97+ (Monarch V8)" instead of "Excel 97+ (Monarch V9)".

If you're not exporting with autofilters or outllining (in the case of summaries), you shouldn't notice a significant difference in the output.

HTH,

Kruncher

If you look back on some older post several of us had this issue and it seem to be based on your default printer at the moment you export to xls.

Try changing your default printer and see if this helps... I know this seems odd but I have fixed over 20 of these issues with just changing the default printer for each user.:)