2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:01 AM by kkomenda _ RSS

0x00532e98 error when automating extracts from PDF using Monarch V9.0

kkomenda _

For over two years, I have successfully automated V8 and V9 models against text files from our mainframe.

For the first time, I have been asked to automate an extract from PDF file.  While the PDF file is fairly simple, and the model does a good job of extracting the data manually, when I automate it I get the following error:

Monarch.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x00532e98" referenced memory at "0x0000001c".  The memory could not be "read".

This looks like a pretty generic error message that is of little help in resolving the problem.

The command-line code that I am using to automate the extract looks like this (the carriage returns are added for readability):

"C:\...\Monarch.exe"

/rpt:"
      ...\EHLA_032508_142416_PENSION.pdf"

/mod:"
      ...\EHLA.xmod"

/exp:"
      ...\EHLA.mdb"

/expTable:"EHLA"

/T

Like I mentioned before, this structure has worked well for thousands of text files for over two years, but doesn't seem to work for extracts against PDFs.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Karl

• 0x00532e98 error when automating extracts from PDF using Monarch V9.0
          henryiriawan _

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the Forum...

Regarding your issue, you said that it was good when you did it manually? I assumed that you load the report (PDF), then, load the model (XMOD), then you choose table and save it to (MDB-Access)? Have you tried all those steps until you created the database (MDB)?

In my knowledge, this error message happened because of conflicts in your operating system. Usually, Monarch did something that cause this conflict with your OS. Try to export in CSV mode. Let me know the program is still generated the same error message...

Edit:

Usually, after you got the error, will Monarch close directly? Also, you can do patches updates on Monarch and on your OS.

• 0x00532e98 error when automating extracts from PDF using Monarch V9.0
              kkomenda _

Henry --

Thanks for your response.

Yes, when I run the model manually, I can get it to load the report, then the model, and then export it to either CSV or MDB.

And, yes, when I receive the error, clicking on the OK button causes the automation to go on to the next report in the queue.

I've tested the command line by removing all components, one-at-a-time.  The problem seems to be in the loading of the report.

Karl