2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Start  up training

cmikej _

I'm trying to follow the training manual, rather than jumping into the "heat of things". However, I have a couple of basic issues:

1. Pages 24 & 25 - copying the address to Word - the address is double spaced.

2. When pasting the lines of data into Excel, page 26, the data posts into the cells in columm A, rather than A-F.

I have checked that the "clipboard" is visible in Excel and the clipboard tab in Monarch is "tab deliminated".

I have continued in the exercises into lesson 4 & am determined to do all lessons!

Thanks for your help,

Mike

• Start  up training
          Nick Osdale-Popa

Are you using Office 2007? If so, that issue is discussed [URL="http://www.monarchforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321"]here[/URL] and url=http://www.monarchforums.com/showthread.php?p=2105#post2105here[/url].

I don't have Office 2007, but in Office 2003, the paste works correctly for me.

• Start  up training
              Grant Perkins

Hi Mike and welcome.

In addition to Nick's response it may be worth saying that although the Training Guide attempts (pretty well) to cover everything a broad church of users may wish to do, my advice would be to not get too hung up on any specific aspect unless it will be of prime importance to things you are likely to do. Even then if something does not quite gel for you, move on to the next subject and come back to the tricky one later.

For example I very very rarely use any cut and paste features and so I don't feel a need for any expertise in that area. However I do know that should that situation change I can quickly refresh my knowledge using the Training Guide or the built in Help files. Or indeed the Forum!

There are a number of things that I skipped over in my early days with Monarch (a long time ago now) in order to become practised as soon as possible. However I did manage to record in my memory that the features existed and that allowed me to jump back to them when it looked like they could be useful.

As I recall I went through 1 to 6 or so quite thoroughly but cherry picked stuff from the later lessons unless and until they became especially relevant. That said we all have our own ways of working so you should follow the strategy that works best for you.

HTH.

Grant