4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Bill Watson RSS

Process Prequisites were not met

Gordon Mackie

Hi

I have just started using DP V8, after a long and fruitful relationship with V5

I set up a new process and when I tried to run it I got the following log message.

<event time="2005-10-27T17:03:42">Process prerequisites were not met: File 'P:PUMPINCB_G01b2396_051026.txt' does not exist.</event>

:eek: 

I selected the file by browsing to it and clicking on it, and I have full access rights to the folder where the file is.

Can anyone help with this problem

• Process Prequisites were not met
          Gareth Horton

Hi Gordon

Data Pump runs as a .NET service, which is a little different from the old service, written in C++.  In a drive for security etc, .NET has various limitation on providing user level objects such as the UI and also items such as mapped drives.

By far the best approach is to always use UNC Paths when referring to files in Data Pump.

For example ServerSharePumpinCB_G01b2396_051026.txt

You can still use mappings, but you would have to set the Data Pump service to run under the LocalSystem account, with the "Interact with Desktop" setting applied.  Additionally, you would have to make sure that the user that had the necessary drive mappings was logged onto that machine at all times (so they actually exist)

The downside here would be that if specific credentials are required for anything you are doing in Data Pump (such as if you had a UNC path) it would not work.

So to sum up, it is much better to use UNC paths.

Gareth

Originally posted by Gordon Mackie:

Hi

I have just started using DP V8, after a long and fruitful relationship with V5

I set up a new process and when I tried to run it I got the following log message.

<event time="2005-10-27T17:03:42">Process prerequisites were not met: File 'P:PUMPINCB_G01b2396_051026.txt' does not exist.</event>

:eek:  

I selected the file by browsing to it and clicking on it, and I have full access rights to the folder where the file is.

Can anyone help with this problem /b[/quote]

Redleft _

My issue is similar but I am using a unc mapped drive but I am trying to access a Unix directory.  I am getting the same error.  I have not been able to get datapump admin to run any processes as a service through the console.  All if my files are on the Unix share.  HELP!!!!

Grant Perkins

It has been a while since I worked with Unix systems and mapped Unix drives in a windows environment, so I may be out of date on this, but the sort of problems we had when new systems were set up or existing network configurations were modified often centred on permissions to access directories. The problems were often not obvious when the settings were reviewed but 'playing around' would result in successful access to the files.

As I said I may well be wrong in making this observation for you problem but I guess it is worth checking. This might be a starting point and it seems to have links to other suggestions as well.

[url="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324544"]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324544[/url]

Hope this helps in some way.

Grant

Originally posted by Redleft:

My issue is similar but I am using a unc mapped drive but I am trying to access a Unix directory.  I am getting the same error.  I have not been able to get datapump admin to run any processes as a service through the console.  All if my files are on the Unix share.  HELP!!!! [/b][/quote]

Bill Watson

Given the need to use UNC paths in any projects or models which will run on Datapump V8 is there any way to have the File Dialogs in XPRJ Editor and Monarch 8 return the UNC path rather than the 'Mapped paths'. If this is not possible at present are there any plans to include an option to allow the user to choose the path style used in their models and projects in a future patch or update. I know it is possible to do a search and replace of the XML to put UNC paths in but I feel being able to create processes without resorting to this kind of manual workaround would go a long way to adding to the user friendliness of the application. Also if you are manually editing the xml files there is no audit trail!