2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Grant _ RSS

Excel Sheet as input file

Grant _

I am having an issue using an .XLS file as with Datapump 8.5 and Monarch 9.  I am trying to do a simple filter and distrubution of the report.  The limitations of Monarch with .XLS files has prompted me to first try to have a Datapump pump proces that simply open the XLS file and exports it to CSV so that a second process can do the filtering, calculations and distribution.  The issue come when Datapump export the CSV file, it is always missing the first column.  Replaces everything in it with blanks.  The monarch model does it corrrectly when I run it from Monarch but as soon as DP runs it the first columns disappears.  Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Excel Sheet as input file
          Grant _

That would explain a lot.  Can both version 8 and 9 be installed on the same box?

• Excel Sheet as input file
            Grant _

Version 9 may not be compatible with DP 8.5 but that's not my issue.  I just redid the whole thing along with the 60+ filters and distributions and still nothing.  For whatever reason when DP open the CSV file produced by the first process the columns headers get renamed so no data come through once the filters are applied.  I don't understand where the lack of consistancy is coming from, it works the first time, when I test so then I edit the project with DP to add all the distributions and it doesn't work afer.  This should be an easy task.