1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Chicken/Egg: Determine filename b4 loading

Brett_F _

I've already setup a project export in MonarchPro v8 to export to an Access database, but want Datapump to pull the appropriate file according to today's date. e.g. file to process = today's date in "yyyymmdd.txt" format.

a) Should I use a batch program to calculate today's date and somehow convert that into yyyymmdd.txt as a command line parameter for monarch?

b) If I do (a), do I just call the batch file from datapump?

c) Can I use Monarch to calculate the name of the report to load instead of Datapump doing it?

d) Is there a better (see, 'easier') way which I'm not aware of, using Datapump directly?

Thanks,

Brett.

• Chicken/Egg: Determine filename b4 loading
          Gareth Horton

Brett,

There is no simple mechanism in Monarch or Data Pump to do this.

One solution in Data Pump would be to create a specific folder where new files are to be processed.

Then, monitor this folder for new files, using a wildcard file specification that would fit the filename that will be assigned.

As part of the monitoring, the new file will be moved to a folder that you specify, so you can keep the processed files for archival purposes.

Gareth

Originally posted by Brett_F:

I've already setup a project export in MonarchPro v8 to export to an Access database, but want Datapump to pull the appropriate file according to today's date. e.g. file to process = today's date in "yyyymmdd.txt" format.

a) Should I use a batch program to calculate today's date and somehow convert that into yyyymmdd.txt as a command line parameter for monarch?

b) If I do (a), do I just call the batch file from datapump?

c) Can I use Monarch to calculate the name of the report to load instead of Datapump doing it?

d) Is there a better (see, 'easier') way which I'm not aware of, using Datapump directly?

Thanks,

Brett. /b[/quote]