3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Neal makely RSS

Data Pump install to SQL instance

Neal makely

I'm just starting to test out DP8 on a Windows 2003 Server machine.  I'm testing out using different SQL instances for different programs.  This should make control and maintenance more granular.  IIS, .NET, and Monarch 8 are already installed. 

I started the DP install and got to as far as "There are several SQL instances.  Data Pump will install to the Default.  If you don't want to install to the Default instance, choose No."  Click No, install ends.

Is there a way to install to anything other than the Default instance of SQL?  If not, consider this an enhancement request!

Thanks.

Neal

• Data Pump install to SQL instance
          Gareth Horton

Neal,

Currently there is no way to install on a named instance.

I'll log this as an enhancement request.

Gareth

Originally posted by Neal makely:

I'm just starting to test out DP8 on a Windows 2003 Server machine.  I'm testing out using different SQL instances for different programs.  This should make control and maintenance more granular.  IIS, .NET, and Monarch 8 are already installed. 

I started the DP install and got to as far as "There are several SQL instances.  Data Pump will install to the Default.  If you don't want to install to the Default instance, choose No."  Click No, install ends.

Is there a way to install to anything other than the Default instance of SQL?  If not, consider this an enhancement request!

Thanks.

Neal /b[/quote]

Neal makely

Thanks, Gareth.  That's what I feared.  Funny, when I called Support yesterday and mentioned I asked this question on the forums, I was told, a bit brusquely, that I would have to call or email for support.  I went ahead and emailed my question yesterday, complete with screen shot.  Let's see how long it takes to get a response.

Neal makely

Gareth - I never did hear back from Support "officially" - so I guess it's a good thing I posted here and you answered!

Thanks again!