0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2007 2:33 PM by swayne _ RSS

Remote Admin Install

swayne _

I’m trying to verify that the Data Pump WebService 8.5 is installed correctly but I’m running into problems trying to install the Data Pump Remote Admin.  I’m installing it on a remote XP Pro machine (this machine did have Monarch Pro 8 and Data Pump 8.5 installed but I uninstalled them before trying to install the remote admin) and I get many error messages that say “Microsoft .NET Assembly Registration Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.” and a single error message saying “Failed to call Password Encryption Library”.  The install completes but when I open up the remote admin I get an error message saying “Unable to connect to remote Monarch Data Pump Server”. 

How can I verify that the web service is working from the server?  When I try to browse the website from the server (http://<SERVERNAME>/MonarchDataPumpAdmin/DWCHServer.WebAdminService.asmx[/url]) I get a 404 error.  What is causing the error messages on the remote admin install?