3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

DataPump Version 8 webservice Problems

Tom Willis

I'm having problems with the Datapump webservice on version 8.

Both start process and startprocessusingmanifest when invoked return a tracking ID but the job never gets registered and processed. I ran SQL profiler and there's no DB activity on the DWCHServer when either method is invoked.

I get no error messages either.

However calling through the .net API the same 2 methods work just fine.

I've done the uninstall reinstall dance a couple of times now with no change in behavior.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Logs or something maybe?

• DataPump Version 8 webservice Problems
          tomkrier _

It sounds like your MSSQLSERVER service is not running or something.  On our server there is a SQL server service manager in the sys tray.  Check if that is running.  Otherwise I would just make sure Monarch Data Pump 8 Service and MSSQLSERVER Services are turned on.  If they are not on than it is understandable there is no activity on the SQL database.

Tom Willis

Everything works fine on the datapump server calling through the .net api (DWCHServer.API or whatever it is), so all services are turned on, on that server.

It's calling through the webservice itself that isn't functioning.

Gareth Horton

Tom,

It sounds like a permissions issue.

First thing to check would be the ability to write to ProcessQueue.xml.

To find the location of this, check this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDatawatchDWCH ServerWorkpath

You may want to check that this file is being updated when you submit a job via the web service.  Or you could just check that the web user account has write access.

You could create a different folder and change the registry entry to point to that if you are worried about access to windows     emp for security reasons, but you will have to restart the Data Pump service.

Gareth

Originally posted by Tom Willis:

I'm having problems with the Datapump webservice on version 8.

Both start process and startprocessusingmanifest when invoked return a tracking ID but the job never gets registered and processed. I ran SQL profiler and there's no DB activity on the DWCHServer when either method is invoked.

I get no error messages either.

However calling through the .net API the same 2 methods work just fine.

I've done the uninstall reinstall dance a couple of times now with no change in behavior.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Logs or something maybe? /b[/quote]