4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:00 AM by tomkrier _ RSS

Datapump v8 page break bug

tomkrier _

I create a report that has page  breaks after values change.  The problem is that I did some formatting so I dont' want to 'overwrite file' but instead I want to 'add data to file', and then 'overwrite existing table'.  The problem with this is that it doesn't remove the old page breaks before inserting the new ones.  So after I run the report 2 or more days it has page breaks were it shouldn't.  If you can insert the new ones you got to be able to remove the old ones.  You should create a fix for this.  Or let me know if you think I am wrong.

• Datapump v8 page break bug
          Gareth Horton

Tom,

I have reproduced the bug and will look into it.

I think you are correct in that in the case of overwriting an existing worksheet, the page breaks should be removed.

Gareth

Originally posted by tomkrier:

I create a report that has page  breaks after values change.  The problem is that I did some formatting so I dont' want to 'overwrite file' but instead I want to 'add data to file', and then 'overwrite existing table'.  The problem with this is that it doesn't remove the old page breaks before inserting the new ones.  So after I run the report 2 or more days it has page breaks were it shouldn't.  If you can insert the new ones you got to be able to remove the old ones.  You should create a fix for this.  Or let me know if you think I am wrong. /b[/quote]

tomkrier _

Its nice to see that the bug gets fixed int 8.01.  So if I install that update on the server it should be good?  I forget if they have seperate engines or if they both share components.  thanks

Gareth Horton

Tom

The bug is only fixed in Monarch.exe, not in Data Pump 8.00.

It will be fixed in the forthcoming 8.5 release.

Alternatively, if this is causing you real pain, I can provide you with a fix now, but I would have to talk you through it.

If this is of interest, mail me at gareth_horton@datawatch.com[/email]

Gareth

Originally posted by tomkrier:

Its nice to see that the bug gets fixed int 8.01.  So if I install that update on the server it should be good?  I forget if they have seperate engines or if they both share components.  thanks /b[/quote]

tomkrier _

How long till 8.5 for Datapump you think?